Dead easy to make but packed full of flavour, and the bonus is they’re incredibly low fat too – even more so if you substitute minced pork for minced turkey breast meat.
- 400g pack of minced pork (or minced turkey breast)
- 2 tsps of Chinese five spice
- Salt and papper
- 1 tsp of granulated garlic powder
- 100g sesame seeds
- 100 ml gluten free soy sauce
- 3 tbsps of Honey
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c
- Add the mince, five spice, salt and pepper and garlic granules into a bowl and combine
- With your hands, make small balls with the mixture approx the size of a golf ball – mixture should make 8-10 balls
- Put the sesame seeds on a plate and roll each ball in them until they’re entirely covered
- Put the balls onto a baking tray covered with silver foil and cook for 30-40 minutes. They’re cooked when the sesame seeds turn light brown
- While the balls are cooking add the soy sauce and honey to a pan and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer until the sauce has reduced to a syrup-like consistency.
- When ready to serve pour the sauce of the balls.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Serving ideas: serve with Stir fried vegetables, courgetti, rice or noodles.