If you like a sweet and sour combo then you’ll love this recipe. Quick, easy and cheap to make it’s a great mid-week meal suitable for the whole family.
- 400g of raw prawns
- A selection of veg to stir fry (I’ve used sugar snap peas, yellow pepper, baby corns and courgette)
- 100g wild whole grain rice
- 100g red quinoa
- 1 lemon
- 2 inch cube of fresh ginger chopped finely
- 2 tbsps honey
- 1 organic Kalo vegetable stock cube
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch of salt.
- Simmer the rice and quinoa in the vegetable stock for 10/15 minutes, drain and set aside
- While the rice is cooking add the juice from the lemon into a pan with the ginger and honey.
- Bring the mixture to the boil then simmer for 3 minutes then set aside.
- In a frying pan cook the prawns in half the coconut oil and add the salt before transferring them to a hot wok.
- Add your vegetables (I made courgetti from my courgettes) and pour in the sauce.
- With the remaining coconut oil stir fry the prawns and vegetables for a few minutes then add the cooked rice and quinoa.
- Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes (including rice/quinoa cooking time)