I love salmon but it can get boring eating it the same old way week in, week out so to add some interest and yummy flavours try this recipe.
The marinade adds the depth of flavour while the sesame seeds adds additional nutty flavours as well as texture.
- 100g sesame seeds
- 2 salmon fillets (boneless and skinless)
- Gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 spring onions
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 star anise
- 1 inch-size piece of fresh ginger
- Heat the oven to 170c
- Roughly chop the spring onions, ginger and garlic
- Blend the soy and honey together and add in the onions, ginger and garlic
- Crush the star anise in a pestle and add to the mixture.
- Pour over the raw salmon fillets (in a shallow dish) and marinate for 24 hours. Turn the fillets over half way through
- The salmon should absorb most of the marinade and the texture should have become quite sticky
- Brush off the lumps of ginger, garlic, spring onion etc so the fillets are smooth
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds on a plate and rolls the fillets in them coating each side (or just the top if you prefer)
- Cook for 25-30 minutes until the sesame seeds just start to turn brown.
Serve with courgetti, stir-fried vegetables or rice.
Preparation time: 24 hours to marinade. 30 minutes to cook.