Now I won’t go as far as saying this broth has super magical powers but it is a life saver if you have a cold, upset stomach or are feeling off colour.
Chicken broth made with proper (homemade) chicken stock has many health benefits and for me, the most important are the immunity fighting properties and the positive effect it has on digestion.
- 1 pint of homemade chicken stock (made from boiled bones/chicken carcass)
- 400g cooked chicken – ideally from the roast chicken you used to make the stock
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 carrots
- A handful of baby corn
- 5 spring onions
- A handful of mushrooms
- 2 sticks of celery
- 100g of gluten free spaghetti
- Salt and pepper to season
- Roughly chop up the chicken and vegetables and place in a slow cooker
- Next add the broth and garlic (crushed)
- Break up the spaghetti into small pieces (about 3 cm long) and add to the pot
- Season with salt and pepper
- Leave to slow cook for at least 5 hours.
The spaghetti will dissolve and thicken the broth leaving a rich, creamy texture.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 hours minimum