I don’t mean to big myself up but I have created one of the finest (healthiest) meals!!!
Tastes indulgent, looks great and best of all it’s made from lovely ingredients. I know the kids will love this food too…
- 3 yellow courgettes
- One can of coconut milk
- 3 tbsps of pesto (Dairy free brand)
- 1 green pepper
- 1 small red chilli
- 2 breasts of chicken
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp of mixed herbs
- Salt to season
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- Spiralize your courgettes and set aside. (You’ll need a spiralizer to create ‘spaghetti’)
- Chop the pepper, left over courgette (the ends that won’t go through the spiralizer) garlic and chilli and brown in some coconut oil
- Next dice the chicken and fry until cooked through
- Add the cooked vegetables to the chicken along with the pesto, coconut milk and herbs
- Bring to the boil then simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens
- Meanwhile, sprinkle a pinch of salt over the courgetti and microwave on full power for two minutes.
- Once the courgette is cooked drain off any excess water and serve straight away so it doesn’t go cold.
- Construct the dish and finish off with black pepper and a dusting of Parmesan (not if you’re strictly dairy free).
For a vegetarian alternative swap the chicken for mushrooms or for a seasonal choice, pumpkin.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes