I’d like to big-up my complex cooking skills but the truth is when you take away the time needed to allow the salmon to marinade this meal takes about 10 minutes to prep. I can also promise it’s probably the best 10 minute meal prep you’ll ever do as the flavour is intense and rich and feels like a real treat meal.
- Match box size piece of fresh ginger (roughly chopped)
- 1 tbsp of onion salt
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp of rice syrup, honey or agave
- 100ml of GF soy sauce.
- Put all the ingredients into a microwaveable dish and microwave for two minutes.
- Add the salmon fillets (chicken or tofu), and coat thoroughly.
- Leave to marinate for a minimum of two hours – four to five is ideal for an intense flavour.
- Take the salmon out of the marinade and in a 180c pre-heated oven place the salmon fillets on a baking tray and cook for 15-20 minutes depending on how well done you like it. Half way through the cooking time brush more marinade on and continue cooking.
- While the salmon is cooking place the remaining marinade into a saucepan and simmer until it has reduced and thickened.
- Serve with stir fry vegetables, noodles, rice or quinoa – my favourite is “courgetti” – courgette spaghetti created using a spiralizer.
Marinade prep – 5-10 minutes
Marinating the salmon – 2-5 hours.
Cooking time: 15 – 20 minutes