I created this recipe after adapting an American recipe which used cup-measurements. After I invested some time researching how to convert U.S. cups to our (UK) measurement system, and added in some new ingredients, it was all systems go!!
85g coconut milk
240g coconut oil
1 heaped teaspoon of organic cocoa powder
Half a teaspoon of salt
30g crushed walnuts
30g chopped dried apricots.
- Mix the coconut milk and coconut oil together with a hand whisk until completely blended together.
- Add salt, cocoa powder and honey to the blended coconut oil and milk and mix again.
- Finally add the dried fruit and nuts.
- Pour the mixture into a cling-film lined flat dish (I used a 9 inch square one), and put in the fridge to set for 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares once set.
10 minutes, 30 minutes refrigeration time.